- The website of Comprend https://comprend.com, or any other domain as instructed (“Website”) is operated by Comprend AB, a company incorporated under Swedish law whose principal place of business is at Sveavägen 20, Box 3666, 103 59 Stockholm, Sweden, and Comprend Ltd, a company incorporated under English law whose principal place of business is at 59 Lafone Street, Courage Yard, London SE1 2LX, United Kingdom, part of H&H Group (“Comprend”, “we”, “us”).
- You will be able to access most parts of the Website without registering any personal data with Comprend.
- Certain functions of the Website require that you provide certain information about yourself, such as the page where you can sign up for our newsletter, or request a demonstration, where you will be requested to provide us with your email address.
- Via our Website you have access to several Third Party Links, this Privacy notice does not apply to any personal data that you provide to another legal or natural person through the Website or through any other means.
- As we are part of the international group of companies and share administrative systems, we may share your personal data with affiliates for administrative purposes only.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com
Last modified 2023-01-12
Table of Contents
- Personal data that we collect
- How and why we use your personal data
- When and how we share information with others
- Data subjects rights
- Security of your information
- Data storage and retention
- Changes and updates to the Privacy Notice
- Questions, concerns or complaints
Privacy notice full text
Last Modified: 2023-01-12
Comprend is an international consulting firm providing strategic advice in the fields of digital corporate communication.
The Website of Comprend https://comprend.com, or any other domain as instructed (“Website”) is operated by Comprend AB, a company incorporated under Swedish law whose principal place of business is at Sveavägen 20, Box 3666, 103 59 Stockholm, Sweden, and Comprend Ltd, a company incorporated under English law whose principal place of business is at 59 Lafone Street, Courage Yard, London SE1 2LX, United Kingdom, part of H&H Group (“Comprend”, “we”, “us”).
Back to top
2. Personal data that we collect
Comprend collects limited personal data about its customers and Website visitors. We only collect cookies which are necessary for running the Website and providing its functions. We also collect information you provide when you sign up for our newsletters, our demonstrations and our press-releases and apply for job openings. And we may collect information from other sources, such as social media platforms that may share information about how you interact with our social media content.
We do not sell personal information to anyone and only share it with third parties who are facilitating the delivery of our services.
Personal data you provide to us
When using certain functions of the Website, you provide us with personal information directly, e.g.: If you subscribe to our newsletter we will ask for your email address.
When using our online Webranking Report, you will be required to log in and provide us with your log in credentials consisting of your e-mail.
When you apply for a job opening, you will follow the recruitment process, as described below under “Recruitment”.
Information we collect from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us: update, expand, and analyse our records; identify new customers; or prevent or detect fraud. We may also receive information about you from social media platforms including but not limited to when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. The information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the applicable social media platform, and we encourage you to review them.
Your correspondence with Comprend
If you correspond with us by email, the postal service, or other form of communication, we may retain such correspondence and the information contained in it (such as name, e-mail, contact information and any personal identifiable information you provide in free text form) and use it to respond to your inquiry; to notify you of Comprend conferences, publications, or other services; or to keep a record of your complaint, accommodation request, and the like.
If you wish to have Comprend delete your personal information or otherwise refrain from communicating with you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: if you ask Comprend not to contact you by email at a certain email address, Comprend will retain a copy of that email address on its “master do not send” list in order to comply with your no-contact request.
What happens if you don’t provide us with your data
You can enjoy many functions of our Website without providing with us your personal data. Much of the information on our website is available without providing personal data. Some personal information is necessary so that Comprend can supply you with the services you have requested. You may manage your preferences and you may opt-out of receiving communication at any time.
Back to top
We use a third party provider, TeamTailor (a trading name of TeamTailor AB) for our recruitment activities. This is accessed through the Comprend Recruitment Portal, careers.comprend.com.
The Comprend Recruitment Portal allows you to submit, upload, store and amend your personal information in order to complete an online application form (the “Application Form”).
You can use the Application Form to:
- Apply for specific positions at Comprend which are advertised on the Comprend Recruitment Portal
- Apply speculatively for positions at Comprend which are not advertised on the Comprend Recruitment Portal; and
- Sign up to receive alerts by email about positions at Comprend
- In order to complete the Application Form you will have to provide personal information. The personal information you will be asked to provide will include your:
- Postal and email address
- Contact telephone number
- The position at Comprend for which you are applying; and
- Information about your academic and professional qualifications and experiences
We will email you every 2 years to confirm that you want to remain on our systems and that the contact details we hold for you are correct. Where we are unable to verify the contact details are up to date, or upon request, your data will be deleted.
We will use the personal information you submit to the Comprend Recruitment Portal to:
- Assess your suitability for a position at Comprend
- Deal with your inquiries and requests
- Contact you in relation to your application for a position at Comprend
- Manage and administrate our recruitment processes; and
- Where you have asked us to do so, to contact you about vacancies at Comprend which arise and for which we think you may be suitable. You can stop receiving these emails at any time by logging into your account and changing your job alert settings.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that neither you, nor other individuals are identified) for the purposes of monitoring and developing our recruitment activity.
Although we will transfer your personal information from the Comprend Recruitment Portal to our internal HR systems if we hire you, this Policy does not form part of an employment offer or contract between us. If we do make an employment offer to you, we will provide further information about our handling of your personal information separately.
Back to top
4. How and why we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the purposes described below.
Managing subscriptions and other types of orders. When you subscribe to our newsletter, order a report or other material, we will ask you to provide us with your email address, so that we can deliver the services and products that you’ve asked for.
Customer support/Communication with you: As is mentioned above in section 2, certain information that you provide to us when you contact us is stored and processed in order to best manage your inquiry with us. Additionally, when you place an order with us, your contact information will be stored in order for us to quickly gain access to your order details, so we can help you with your inquiry as effectively as possible.
Security: We use data to protect the security of our products, services and customers, to detect and prevent fraud and to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements.
Statistics, analytics, and service improvement. We collect and store IP addresses, device location, browser type, operating system and other usage information about the use of our website, including a history of the pages you view to help us design our site to better suit our users’ needs. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website, analyse trends, track visitor movements, and gather broad demographic information that assists us in identifying visitor preferences. For statistical purposes we store information about how many individual visitors to our website we have, and how often these individual users visit our website. We collect and store this information to better understand our customers’ needs and interests, so that we can develop and improve our services in the future.
Back to top
5. When and how we share information with others
We share your personal data when it is necessary for the completion of any transaction or for the performance of any contract, or when we have sensible business reasons for doing so.
For the purpose of managing your request, or managing the functioning of our Website, we may disclose your personal information to our affiliates in the [H&G Group] and service partners (i.e. companies we've hired to provide customer support, hosting our Website and systems, assist in protecting and securing our systems, or assist us in the administration of our newsletter or reports) that are entrusted to process your information on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, this Policy and other appropriate measures for privacy and security.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we have good reasons to believe that access, use, retention or disclosure of such information is reasonable necessary to:
- comply with any court order, administrative decision or other legal obligation;
enforce or apply our agreements and terms;
- manage and maintain the security of our Website, including preventing or stopping an attack our computer system or network, and
- protect the rights, property, or safety of Comprend, its affiliates, or others.
Back to top
6. Data subjects rights
Comprend complies with current data protection laws in the European Union, which, when applicable, include the following rights:
- You are free to request access to a record of your processing (as defined in the law), and you have the right to access to a copy of your personal data, request a correction and, in certain circumstances, deletion of your personal data,
- You are entitled to request restriction, and object to the processing, of your personal information which has as its basis our legitimate interests,
- You have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority. (For the United Kingdom it is the “Information Commissioner’s Office” and for Sweden it is the “Datainspektionen” that is the authority overseeing how we as a company comply with relevant data protection legislation).
If processing of personal data is based on your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent for future processing of your personal information at any time.
You will have reasonable access to your personal information at no extra cost, if you request this via email@example.com. If we cannot provide you with this within a reasonable time frame, we will provide you with a date for when the information can be provided. If such access is denied, we will explain to you why access has been denied.
When processing your personal information, we will do so in cooperation with our affiliates [in H&H Group] in order to offer you the products and services you use and have ordered, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect our systems and customers, or meet the legitimate interests as described in detail in the sections "How and why we use your personal data" and "When and how we share information with others" above. When we transfer personal data from the European Union, we make it based on a number of legal mechanisms, as described in the section "Data storage and retention".
Information on your right to object under article 21 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
1. Right to object to processing which based on our legitimate interests.
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you which is based on article 6 (1) f) GDPR (processing for the purposes of safeguarding legitimate interests); this includes any profiling based on those provisions within the meaning of article 4 (4) GDPR. If you lodge an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or unless the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
2. Right to object to the processing of data for marketing purposes.
In certain cases, we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning yourself for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer processes your personal data for such purposes. There are no formal requirements for lodging an objection; where possible it should be made by [insert link to webpage for objection, or relevant email].
Note: if you ask Comprend not to contact you by email at a certain email address, we will retain a copy of that email address on its “master do not send” list in order to comply with your no-contact request.
Back to top
7. Security of your information
To help protect the privacy of data and personally identifiable information you transmit through use of our website, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis.
We restrict access to your personal data to those employees who need to know this information to provide services to you or to administer our systems. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information.
We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees' privacy responsibilities.
Back to top
8. Data storage and retention
Personal data handled by Comprend is stored and processed in the region in which you live, in the United Kingdom, Sweden or in other countries where Comprend, its affiliates, subsidiaries, partners or suppliers are active. We take steps to ensure that the information we collect in accordance with this Policy is dealt with in accordance with the provisions of this Policy and in accordance with applicable laws where the information is available.
If we were to transfer your personal data to third countries, i.e. countries outside the EU / EEA, we will enter into agreements and take other measures in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Comprend retains personal data for as long as necessary to be able to provide you with our services, and to fulfil the purposes set out in section 3 above. Different types of data may be stored different amounts of time, due to certain criteria.
The criteria that determines how long we store your personal data may be:
How long is the personal data needed for us to be able to provide you with products and services? For example: If you are subscribed to a newsletter, we will store your information for as long as is necessary to manage your subscription, i.e. until you cancel your subscription. If you have had continuous communication with our customer service, we will store the information you’ve provided for as long as is necessary to manage your inquiry.
Do we have legal, contractual or other similar obligations to store the data? Examples of this may include mandatory legislation on retention of information, such as for accounting reasons, government orders to store data which is relevant for surveys or data that must be retained for resolving a possible dispute.
For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure ad portability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top
Anonymisation means that data which was once personal information is stripped away of anything that may connect it to an individual, as well as being severed from anything that in the future might make it possible to reconnect this data to an individual. This de-personalisation treatment of data is one step further than the process of pseudonymisation, which means keeping certain information apart, to make it harder to identify an individual using this data.
Third Party Links: This Policy does not apply to any personal data that you provide to another legal or natural person through the Website or through any other means, such as when you browse on our recruitment page (“Join us”) or access our social media accounts (such as Instagram), for which separate privacy policies apply.
Back to top
10. Changes and updates to the Privacy Notice
We will update our Policy when needed to reflect customer feedback, and changes to the Website. When the Policy is updated, the latest update date is shown at the top of the Policy and the changes are described on the Change History page. If there are major changes in the Policy or how Comprend uses your personal data, you will be notified via web or email before the changes come into force to the extent required by law.
Please read this Policy from time to time to keep you informed about how Comprend protects your personal data.
Back to top
11. Questions, concerns or complaints
Responsible for United Kingdom customers and users lies with:
Second Floor, 59 Lafone Street, Courage Yard, London SE1 2LX, United Kingdom
+44 (0)20 7336 8429
Responsible for Swedish (and all other countries than the UK) customers and users lies with:
Sveavägen 20, 111 57 Stockholm, Sweden
Mailing address: Box 3666 103 59 Stockholm, Sweden
+46 8 407 22 00
To ask questions or comment about our Policy and our privacy practices, contact our group privacy team at:
Comprend Privacy team
Box 3666, 103 59 Stockholm Sweden
+46 8 407 22 00
To to summary | To the table of contents